Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Jim is offline

Default How to auto insert date in one cell when another is changed

I'd like to automatically put the date into cell P2 whenever the data in cell
N2 is changed. I'd like to do the same for P3-N3.

I found the VBA code to do this for a whole column, but I only want to do
just these two indivual cells.

I've tried the following, but doesn't work:

If Intersect(Target, Range("N2")) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
Else
P2 = Now()

I know enough about VBA to be dangerous, so please try and be as detailed as
possible in your suggestions.

Many thanks,

JIM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

see response to your previous posting.
I showed a slight modification to Bernie Deitrick's code to allow you to do
this

--
Regards
Roger Govier