Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to count text with two conditions.

Can someone help me figure out how to get a count on specific text items
that meet two conditions? I have two columns. Each column has approximately
five different groups of text in them. I need a count on the number of items
from column two that match up with specific text from column one. For
example, column one has LA, Foreign, and States. Column two has yes, no, and
maybe. I need the count on how many yesses there are that match up with
States.
I'm using Excel Office 2003.

I know this is probably confusing...thanks so much for any help you can give
me!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand but try this

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="States")*(B1:B100="Yes"))

Mike