Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date format with Excel 2007

I have a problem with Excel 2007, I have some cells with a date value
(11/06/2008), but when I save the file, close it and open it again, in cells
I have this 39758.
I formatted these cell to a date format, any date format, and when I save,
close and open the file, I have 39758 once again. This only happens with a
couple of files.
Can you tell me what is wrong with this?
How can I keep the date format in these cells?

Thank you kindly in advance for your help.

Ed Gonzalez
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are the cells populated using a macro when the file is opened?

Apparently the values in the cells are being overwritten by new values with
numeric/general format.
Save a copy then in the copy
Copy and PASTE SPECIAL|Values in place and see whether the problem reoccurs.

"Israel" wrote:

I have a problem with Excel 2007, I have some cells with a date value
(11/06/2008), but when I save the file, close it and open it again, in cells
I have this 39758.
I formatted these cell to a date format, any date format, and when I save,
close and open the file, I have 39758 once again. This only happens with a
couple of files.
Can you tell me what is wrong with this?
How can I keep the date format in these cells?

Thank you kindly in advance for your help.

Ed Gonzalez

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your quick response.

No, the file is not populated by a macro.
I did what you suggested me, and not worked. I'm still having the same values.
It's strange.

"Israel" wrote:

I have a problem with Excel 2007, I have some cells with a date value
(11/06/2008), but when I save the file, close it and open it again, in cells
I have this 39758.
I formatted these cell to a date format, any date format, and when I save,
close and open the file, I have 39758 once again. This only happens with a
couple of files.
Can you tell me what is wrong with this?
How can I keep the date format in these cells?

Thank you kindly in advance for your help.

Ed Gonzalez

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you send the file to me?
id to_sheeloo
add @hotmail.com to the id

Also change few of the cell values to something like Testing...
in few cells enter a new date, highlight them etc. just to see whether they
remain when you repopen or get overwritten..