Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a simple input box

Hello How do I create input box asking the user to type in the term of
agreement
1, 2, 3, 0r 4 years
or where can I get instructions to do this. I have a book but the
instructions are not very clear to me. thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

myNum = Application.InputBox("C")

Press ALT-11 to open VBEditor, search for InputBox.

The above will prompt the user with "Enter a number" and store the response
in the variable myNum.

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello How do I create input box asking the user to type in the term of
agreement
1, 2, 3, 0r 4 years
or where can I get instructions to do this. I have a book but the
instructions are not very clear to me. thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim myNum As Long
myNum = CLng(Application.InputBox(Prompt:="1, 2, 3, or 4", Type:=1))

If myNum < 1 _
Or myNum 4 Then
MsgBox "Please try again!"
Exit Sub
End If

'your code to do the work goes here
MsgBox myNum

End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If you are in the spreadsheet, you might consider Data, Validation, List and
enter 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years as the Source. Personally, I would
enter the 1 year, 2 years,... in a range and reference the range in the
Source box. Then click the second tab, Input Message and type a message to
tell the user what you want them to do.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello How do I create input box asking the user to type in the term of
agreement
1, 2, 3, 0r 4 years
or where can I get instructions to do this. I have a book but the
instructions are not very clear to me. thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Perfect
Is it possible to have the answer entered in a cell , that is if the answer
is 2 the number 2 appear in cell D5
thanks again