Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PROBLESM IN COPYING BETWEEN WORKBOOKS AFTER EXCEL 2003 UPGRADE

GOOD DAY

MY COMPANY UPGRADED FROM OFFICE 2002 TO OFFICE 2003 LAST WEEK. PREVIOUS TO
THE UPGRADE, I CREATED A SERIES OF WORKBOOKS IN EXCEL 2002. I HAVE SINCE
RE-OPENED AND SAVED IN EXCEL 2003 CHANGES TO THE FIRST WORKBOOK IN THE
SERIES. I FIND NOW THAT WHEN I TRY TO COPY EITHER DATA OR FORMULAS FROM
WORKBOOK #1 TO WORKBOOK #2 IN THE SERIES, THE PASTE FUNCTION IS UNSHADED,
BOTH IN THE DROP DOWN MENU AND ON THE TOOLBAR.

I HAVE LOOKED AROUND IN THE TOOLS/OPTIONS MENU, BUT CANNOT SEEM TO FIND AN
APPROPRIATE CHOICE TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM.
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try clicking on the cell to copy and then copy from the F(x) box at top of
worksheet and paste into F(x) box in new worksheet to see if this works. You
can use CNTL-C and CNTL-V to copy and paste.

Paste will be Grayed Out if Windows did recognize that a Copy was made. It
would be an interesting experiment to Paste the Data into a different Office
product like Microsoft Word to see if the problem is with the copying or the
Paste function. Also try to copy and paste from the 2003 workbook to the
2002 workbook.

"JVorch" wrote:

GOOD DAY

MY COMPANY UPGRADED FROM OFFICE 2002 TO OFFICE 2003 LAST WEEK. PREVIOUS TO
THE UPGRADE, I CREATED A SERIES OF WORKBOOKS IN EXCEL 2002. I HAVE SINCE
RE-OPENED AND SAVED IN EXCEL 2003 CHANGES TO THE FIRST WORKBOOK IN THE
SERIES. I FIND NOW THAT WHEN I TRY TO COPY EITHER DATA OR FORMULAS FROM
WORKBOOK #1 TO WORKBOOK #2 IN THE SERIES, THE PASTE FUNCTION IS UNSHADED,
BOTH IN THE DROP DOWN MENU AND ON THE TOOLBAR.

I HAVE LOOKED AROUND IN THE TOOLS/OPTIONS MENU, BUT CANNOT SEEM TO FIND AN
APPROPRIATE CHOICE TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM.
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Joel, thank you for your response. You put your finger on the problem, in
that I can copy the data into another MS application (Word), but cannot do so
into another Excel workbook (within an individual workbook is fine). I tried
to copy into the formula bar or use the Cntrl C command, and neither worked.

Any other way to investigate the issue you can suggest? Thank you