Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format - Conditional Formating

In MS-Excel 2003, we have this feature under Tools - Condtional Formatting
where you can set the following criteria:

If value between 1 to 100, then you can click "Format" button and then set
the Pattern color.

Then make another value range say - 101 to 200, and make another Pattern
color.

Then another value range - 201 and above, another pattern color.

In MS-Excel 2007, I'm lost. I struggled alot to find what I'm looking for,
and can't find that at all.

How do I go about setting Pattern colors and conditional formatting using
MS-Excel 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That functionality can be found following this path:

Home tabStylesConditional FormattingHighlight Cells RulesBetween

If there are several different conditions to apply you have to start the
process from the beginning for each individual condition. In previous
versions you just clicked the Add button to apply additional conditions.
It's not like that in 2007.

My personal preference has been to *always* use the "Formula Is" option.
It's named differently in Excel 2007 but you don't have to start from
scratch with each additional condition (but almost!). The conditional
formatting user interface in Excl 2007 leaves a lot to be desired!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"neostar77" wrote in message
In MS-Excel 2003, we have this feature under Tools - Condtional Formatting
where you can set the following criteria:

If value between 1 to 100, then you can click "Format" button and then set
the Pattern color.

Then make another value range say - 101 to 200, and make another Pattern
color.

Then another value range - 201 and above, another pattern color.

In MS-Excel 2007, I'm lost. I struggled alot to find what I'm looking for,
and can't find that at all.

How do I go about setting Pattern colors and conditional formatting using
MS-Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Valko,

Not quite so. Instead of starting the process by choose the Highlight cell
rules or any of the other commands on the upper part of the drop down, choose
Home, Conditional Formatting, Manage Rules. Choose New Rule and preceed.
When you come out of the Format New Rule dialog box you will be back in the
Conditional Formatting Rules Manager where you just click New Rule to add a
second rule (this is the equivalent of Add.) You can do this as many times
as you wish. 2003 allowed a maximum of 3 conditions, 2007 is limited by
memory.

It's completely different, but its also far, far more powerful.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"neostar77" wrote in message
In MS-Excel 2003, we have this feature under Tools - Condtional Formatting
where you can set the following criteria:

If value between 1 to 100, then you can click "Format" button and then set
the Pattern color.

Then make another value range say - 101 to 200, and make another Pattern
color.

Then another value range - 201 and above, another pattern color.

In MS-Excel 2007, I'm lost. I struggled alot to find what I'm looking for,
and can't find that at all.

How do I go about setting Pattern colors and conditional formatting using
MS-Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I use the "Use a formula to determine...." option (and the "Formula Is"
equivalent in earlier versions) 100% of the time and I access the way you
described.

The OP asked about features that are the equivalent in pervious versions to
the "Cell value is" option. If you use those options in 2007 you can only
set 1 condition then the user form closes. I guess those are supposed to be
"shortcut" options.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP