Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I use a worsheet name (filename), and a range name as values?

Hi, I have a case where I get two files all the time, the files needs to be
combine, and they have different lenght of rows always, so I wonder if in one
part of my formula I can refer to a value in a cell, instead of the filename
itself. for example if a formula needs to read data in one file name toby, in
some part of the formula the filename will be embedded, together with the
sheet name, but what I want is to create a setup sheet where i put values
like:

Input file 1=Source1.xls
Input sheet 1=end_of_day
range 1=A1:Z200

So my formula picks up the source1.xls, the end_of_day and the range from
this "variables", which will apply for filr 1 and 2 that need to be
processed, isntead of my applying all the formulas to this files again.

Is that possible?

Thank you.