Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Search Window

I have a list of names on a worksheet. I would like to have a search box at
the top of the page. That when i type in the last name it will go to it. is
that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way is to enter the last name to find in A1 and execute the marco below;
'It will select the cell, in Col A, containing the same last name as in A1
Sub FindSelect()
Dim c As Range, s As Long
Range("A2:A65000").Select
Set c = Selection.Find(Range("A1").Value)
If Not (c Is Nothing) Then
c.Select
Else
Range("A1").Select
MsgBox "Last Name: " & Range("A1").Value & " not found!"

"doss04" wrote:

I have a list of names on a worksheet. I would like to have a search box at
the top of the page. That when i type in the last name it will go to it. is
that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thats perfect!! A tow part question. If col b - j has information regarding
the person, can that be brought up in the search window also? How could i get
it to show if the name is in the list more than once. Example below

A B C D E F
1SEARCH WINDOW
2 NAME DOB HT WT HAIR EYES
3 DOE JOHN 10/10/09 6' 150 BRO GRN
4
I hope this makes sense?

"doss04" wrote:

I have a list of names on a worksheet. I would like to have a search box at
the top of the page. That when i type in the last name it will go to it. is
that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can show the count in a message box or in a cell...
You can show the addresses of the occurrences...

To search in b-j replace Range("A2:A65000").Select with
Range("B2:J65000").Select

but all this is already provided by the Excel Search function...