Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need a formula to increase quantity of one cell until the quantity ofanother is exceeded

I am putting together an estimating program for material. In this case
for steel sheet. The sheet will be cut into strips of a set width and
length. I can get x parts from a strip. I want to be able to enter a
number of pieces in a cell and have another compute the number of
strips I'll need to meet that exact amount or exceed it based on using
a complete strip. Example: A strip can yield 25 pieces of part
'bracket'. the quantity I need to buy enough strips for 126 pieces or
in this case 6 strips. I want to compute that I'll need 6 strips and
that the yield of those strips will be 150 pieces. How can I do so?

Many thanks,

Rudy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need a formula to increase quantity of one cell until the quantity

Assuming headers in Row 1...

If you have 'no. of pieces' in cell A2 to A100 then enter this in B2
=ROUNDUP(A1/25,0) to get 6 if you have 126 in A1
You can copy this formula down to B100

To get how many pieces the no. in B2 will support ente this in C2
=B2*25 and then copy down to C100 to see this for other rows...

If 25 is not fixed then you can enter that in another column (say D) and
replace 25 with D2