Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combined formula

I think you are looking for something like this:

="Test"&B1

in B2.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 23, 2:32*pm, Simon Minder
wrote:
Hi Max,

Thank you very much for your solution. However, I have a problem applying
the formula to my example.

I have three cells with a value:
Cell * * * Value
A1 * * * *Test1
A2 * * * *Test2
A3 * * * *Test3

Let's assume I enter in a cell (B1) the value "1". I would like to see the
value "Test1" in cell (B2). If I enter the vaule "2" I would like to see the
value "Test2" in cell (B2).

The formula would be stored in the cell (B2) and would take the variable
from cell (B1).

Your formula seems to work only with numbers, but not with text in the
selected range (e.g. Test1...Test3).

Kind regards,

Simon

"Max" wrote:
One way
With B1 containing the input number, eg: 2
In C1: =INDEX(A1:A3,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX((RIGHT(A1:A3)=B1&"") ,),0))
--
Max
Singapore
"Simon Minder" wrote:
I have three cells with a value:

Cell * * * Value
A1 * * * *Test1
A2 * * * *Test2
A3 * * * *Test3

I would like to have another cell where I can enter a value (e.g. 2) and
receive in an additional field the value (e.g. Test2).

How can I add to the formula (e.g. =A...) a variable from another field?

Kind regards,

Simon- Hide quoted text -