Rochelle B

Default I need to create an array formula combined with a countif

I need to only count the "C" in one array, but only if there is a C1 in the
adject cell
Biff

Hi!

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="C"),--(B1:B100="C1"))

Biff

"Rochelle B" wrote in message
I need to only count the "C" in one array, but only if there is a C1 in the
adject cell

Biff

Hi!

Each element of the arrays:

(A1:A100="C")
(B1:B100="C1")

return either TRUE or FALSE

"--" converts these to 1's and 0's which Sumproduct can then process.

Biff

"Rochelle B" wrote in message
I need to only count the "C" in one array, but only if there is a C1 in
the
adject cell

Rochelle B

I will give it a try, I just posted this same question but a lot more
detailed, maybe it will make more sense. I am not familiar with this type of
formula, so I am not sure it will work. Please read my other posting.

Array Brad Excel Worksheet Functions 9 October 17th 05 09:00 PM
Trouble shooting#NA error in Array formula RonR Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 14th 05 09:58 PM
What instead of an array formula part 2 Reg Besseling Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 10th 04 07:35 AM
What instead of an array formula? Reg Besseling Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 December 6th 04 01:55 PM