Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default Pivot table organizing

Is it possible to have the pivot table group text fields in the same row? I
have a total of 3 colums of data, but one column has a unit name, and one
column that has the description of the unit name. When creating a pivot
table, it automatically puts the description in the row below the unit name.
I woudl like for the Unit Name and Unit Description to be in the same row,
but in different columns. Thak you for any assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Yes, If you are using 2003 or earlier you probably want to suppress the
subtotal rows for the left hand row field - to do that double click the left
hand row field button and set the Subtotals to None.

If you are using 2007 then you probably want to switch layouts - with the
pivot table selected choose PivotTable Tools, Design, Report Layout, Show in
Tabular Form.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"jim" wrote:

Is it possible to have the pivot table group text fields in the same row? I
have a total of 3 colums of data, but one column has a unit name, and one
column that has the description of the unit name. When creating a pivot
table, it automatically puts the description in the row below the unit name.
I woudl like for the Unit Name and Unit Description to be in the same row,
but in different columns. Thak you for any assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

I did forget to mention I was using 2007. I used your suggestions and works
perfectly. Thank you again.