Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with a Lookup, I think

Hi all

On Worksheet "Financials" B6 I have data
This data varies every time it appears every 16 rows
ie b6
b22
b38
etc
Associated with this data is a date that appears in
ie A4 ( for B6 data)
A20 (for B22 data)
A36 (for B38 data)

On worksheet "Diary"n I have A cell H24 that has a drop down list with all
the dates.

When I pick a date on that list i would like B24 ON " DIARY" WORKSHEET TO
GIVE THE DATA RELATED TO THAT DATE. THE DATE RANGE IN THE A COLUMN GOES NO
FURTHER THAN A4020 AND THAE DATA IN THE B COLUMN NO FURTHER THAN B4022.

If you have the time can you roughly outline the elements of the formula

thanks for looking

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Muddan
What in this formula indicates that "Financials" is the worksheet that the
data has to be taken from?

"muddan madhu" wrote:

try this

=INDEX(B:B,MATCH(H24,A:A,0)+2,0)

On Oct 17, 5:37 pm, stew wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

What in this formula indicates that "Financials" is the worksheet that the
data has to be taken from?

Believe its meant like this
In Diary, in B24:
=INDEX(Financials!B:B,MATCH(H24,Financials!A:A,0)+ 2,0)
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc