Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with a Lookup, I think

Hi all

On Worksheet "Financials" B6 I have data
This data varies every time it appears every 16 rows
ie b6
b22
b38
etc
Associated with this data is a date that appears in
ie A4 ( for B6 data)
A20 (for B22 data)
A36 (for B38 data)

On worksheet "Diary"n I have A cell H24 that has a drop down list with all
the dates.

When I pick a date on that list i would like B24 ON " DIARY" WORKSHEET TO
GIVE THE DATA RELATED TO THAT DATE. THE DATE RANGE IN THE A COLUMN GOES NO
FURTHER THAN A4020 AND THAE DATA IN THE B COLUMN NO FURTHER THAN B4022.

If you have the time can you roughly outline the elements of the formula

thanks for looking

Stew