Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default location of file in vista

As suggested I copied my Excel11 file from C:\Documents and
Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel in my old XP computer, and
want to put it in my new Vista computer. Where does it go? There is no
Documents and Settings, or Application data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

widman wrote:
As suggested I copied my Excel11 file from C:\Documents and
Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel in my old XP computer, and
want to put it in my new Vista computer. Where does it go? There is no
Documents and Settings, or Application data.

I'm not 100% sure but try looking in this tree:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\etc...

You will need to reveal hidden folders to see this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I finally found the setting for that in the control panel (i wonder why they
hid it there), but iven if I put it there, Excel (or vista) is generating
another standard one in it's place when I open Excel. I have about a dozen
custom buttons I want to transfer over to the new computers.