Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert number to phone number

I am doing a mail merge and one of the fields is a phone number. I format it
in excel to look like a phone number but when I merge it just comes over as
seven numbers - no parens, no dash, etc. Ideally I'd like to still enter it
as a straight number, as I am now, but have another field that could
"translate" it into the following format: (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Thanks!