Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combining 2 IF statements

I record a date in 'A1' when I receive registered documents.
My 'IF' statement in C1 then adds "working on file" in C1.
I then record a date in B1 when I forward the file on.
I wish to replace the "working on file" statement with "passed" when a date
is entered into B1.
I tried =IF(A1&B11,"PASSED",IF(A11,"working on file","") but it doesn't
work.
Can you help?

--
Browny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

Do you need to test both A1 and B1? If there is a value in B1, wouldn't it
be safe to assume there is (or should be) a value in A1?

=IF(B11,"PASSED",IF(A11,"working on file","")

If you need to check both, you could revise your existing formula:
=IF(AND(A11, B11), "PASSED", IF(A11,"working on file","")