Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saving Excel workbook

I have Office 2007, when i save excel file it doesn't save the changes.
The workbook is from a previous version 2003, i ask it to save it as
workbook 97-2003 but no luck, what am I doing wrong
--
Shazzanz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It should save your changes...

Did you try File|SAVE AS? Try it once and choose 97-2003 format.
--
If you find this post helpful pl. choose "Yes"...

"Shazza" wrote:

I have Office 2007, when i save excel file it doesn't save the changes.
The workbook is from a previous version 2003, i ask it to save it as
workbook 97-2003 but no luck, what am I doing wrong
--
Shazzanz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

First, there are many features of 2007 that can not be save in a 2003 file.
So you have 2 options:

1. Convert the file to a 2007 file using File Save As
2. Don't use 2007 features that were not avalable in 2003 in the file.

In 2007 files are saved with the extensions xlsx or xlsm in most cases.
(regular spreadsheets without macros and ones with macros.)

To help you any more we will need to know exactly what is not being saved.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Shazza" wrote:

I have Office 2007, when i save excel file it doesn't save the changes.
The workbook is from a previous version 2003, i ask it to save it as
workbook 97-2003 but no luck, what am I doing wrong
--
Shazzanz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a file that I transfer data from my Accounting programme, I go save as
type
Excel 97-2003 workbook, when I close and go back in the information is not
saved. Would I actually change the worksheet as an xlsl or xlsm before I put
the information in.
--
Shazzanz

"Shazza" wrote:

I have Office 2007, when i save excel file it doesn't save the changes.
The workbook is from a previous version 2003, i ask it to save it as
workbook 97-2003 but no luck, what am I doing wrong
--
Shazzanz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just make a simple change into any cell and then change the name while
choosing SAVE AS option... and see...

You may check the last modified time on the file to see what is happening...

For 97-2003 format file extension should be XLS. NO need to change it to the
2007 extension...

Your accounting program may be overwriting the file you save...