Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default filtering limitation?

Hi,
I have a list of products with their descriptions in the rest of the rows.
Below I have added a few lines to help me explain:

Out of Africa Shiraz Afrique Interlink 6 726 Dark Green
Out of Africa Sauvignon Blanc Germidor 6 726 Flint
Out of Africa Pinotage Amka Denmark 6 726 Dark Green
Bredasdorp Cabernet Sauv Pieroth Japan 6 724 Dark Green
Big Five Chardonnay Best Wines 12 726 Flint
Big Five Sauvignon Blanc Formula Vin 12 724 Flint

In row 1 (not shown above) I have prepared lists that the user can select
with the possible selections for each colum. I need to filter my data
according to the selections in the lists ontop of the sheet. I don't know how
to 'tell' the autofilter command to filter according to a value in a pre
selected block. I would like to use something like the 'contains' statement.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra Dalgleish has some comprehensive notes on using Advance Filter
he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

This might be applicable to what you want to do.

Hope this helps.

Pete