Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How many rows (arguments?) can be seached by Vlookup function?

Hi to all

I'm wondering how many rows (are they considered argument?) can be used for
a vlookup table?

Thanks
--
smither fan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

All of them.

But the more data in the table, the longer excel will take to recalc.

=vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)

is fine.

Ross wrote:

Hi to all

I'm wondering how many rows (are they considered argument?) can be used for
a vlookup table?

Thanks
--
smither fan

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Dave

For some reason, I seemed to remember being told that there was a limit to
the rows that XL would search through in a vlookup situation, but must have
confused it with something else.

--
smither fan

Ross wrote:

Hi to all

I'm wondering how many rows (are they considered argument?) can be used for
a vlookup table?

Thanks
--
smither fan

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you were told that an =vlookup() formula like:
=vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)

Would limit itself to the usedrange of Sheet2--even though the formula specifies
the entire column.

Maybe????