-   -   How many rows (arguments?) can be seached by Vlookup function? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206162-how-many-rows-arguments-can-seached-vlookup-function.html)

Ross

How many rows (arguments?) can be seached by Vlookup function?

Hi to all

I'm wondering how many rows (are they considered argument?) can be used for
a vlookup table?

Thanks
--
smither fan

Dave Peterson

How many rows (arguments?) can be seached by Vlookup function?

All of them.

But the more data in the table, the longer excel will take to recalc.

=vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)

is fine.

Ross wrote:

Hi to all

I'm wondering how many rows (are they considered argument?) can be used for
a vlookup table?

Thanks
--
smither fan

--

Dave Peterson

Ross

How many rows (arguments?) can be seached by Vlookup function?

Thanks, Dave

For some reason, I seemed to remember being told that there was a limit to
the rows that XL would search through in a vlookup situation, but must have
confused it with something else.

--
smither fan

Ross wrote:

Hi to all

I'm wondering how many rows (are they considered argument?) can be used for
a vlookup table?

Thanks
--
smither fan

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How many rows (arguments?) can be seached by Vlookup function?

Maybe you were told that an =vlookup() formula like:
=vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)

Would limit itself to the usedrange of Sheet2--even though the formula specifies
the entire column.

Maybe????

Ross wrote:

Hi to all

I'm wondering how many rows (are they considered argument?) can be used for
a vlookup table?

Thanks
--
smither fan

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Ross

How many rows (arguments?) can be seached by Vlookup function?

Thanks-That does sound more like it.
--
smither fan