TL2000

Default lowercase to caps

How can I automatically change a column of lowercase text to caps?
Chip Pearson

There are (at least) two ways to do this. One way is with a
formula. In a empty column next to your data, enter the formula
=UPPER(A1) and copy down as far as you need to go. Then, copy
this range, and do a Paste Special Values over the original data
and delete the column containing the formulas. The second way is
to use a VBA macro.

Sub ToUpper()
Dim Rng As Range
On Error Resume Next
For Each Rng In Range("A1:A100").SpecialCells( _
xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues)
Rng.Value = UCase(Rng.Text)
Next Rng

Cordially,