Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default in excel , arrange scrip names alphabatically

In MS Excel, a column has scrip names at randum. Is there any provision to
arrange them alphabatically??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,

You may have to remind me what a 'scrip' name is but have you tried

Data|Sort

Mike

"logu" wrote:

In MS Excel, a column has scrip names at randum. Is there any provision to
arrange them alphabatically??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you looked at the menu command Data | Sort?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"logu" wrote in message
In MS Excel, a column has scrip names at randum. Is there any provision to
arrange them alphabatically??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Logu,

Mike and Bernard have suggested the sort function. If these "scrip names" are in a
worksheet, it's exactly what you need. If there are other columns associated with this
column (so it's really a table) that should also be sorted, be sure you sort properly.
Excel can ruin a table if you're not careful. For more on sorting, read "Sorting in Excel"
at http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/excel_truths.htm

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud