Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I arrange names alphabetically in Excel?

Can I automatically arrange a list of names in Excel alphabetically?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Highlight all the columns (major problems if you don't do this), then go to
Data, Sort, and select the column with the names in it. If you have a header
row, click on the lower left box that asks you that. If you are unsure of
doing this, copy the data (or save as) to another worksheet. FYI - if you
only highlight the name column, and have a Birthdate column next to it, the
names will be alphabetized, but the birthdate column will stay the same -
major, major problem!!

Can I automatically arrange a list of names in Excel alphabetically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Linds, have a look at data sort
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Linds" wrote in message
Can I automatically arrange a list of names in Excel alphabetically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DataSort does that job usually, assuming your names are in a column.

If names across a row note the "Options" button in DataSort where you can
change to "left to right"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP