Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaroleO CaroleO is offline

Default How do I arrange names alphabetically in Excel?

Highlight all the columns (major problems if you don't do this), then go to
Data, Sort, and select the column with the names in it. If you have a header
row, click on the lower left box that asks you that. If you are unsure of
doing this, copy the data (or save as) to another worksheet. FYI - if you
only highlight the name column, and have a Birthdate column next to it, the
names will be alphabetized, but the birthdate column will stay the same -
major, major problem!!

"Linds" wrote:

Can I automatically arrange a list of names in Excel alphabetically?