Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2 questions on appearance

Hi all

1st Question

Can I limit the visual area that can be viewed only to the area which has
information on a worksheet

2nd Question

can the tabs at the bottom showing the names of worksheets be colour coded
i.e. Data entry and read only different colours

Thank You for looking

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Q1

You could grey out all of the cells other that the information area. You
would need to manage the changing of that area, adding/removing information,
which can be done using conditional formatting (as long as the are in
question is not huge).

Q2

Excel 2003 has a facility to colour code the tabs, right-click on the tab
and select Tab Color ... from the menu.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"stew" wrote in message
Hi all

1st Question

Can I limit the visual area that can be viewed only to the area which has
information on a worksheet

2nd Question

can the tabs at the bottom showing the names of worksheets be colour coded
i.e. Data entry and read only different colours

Thank You for looking

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You Bob. Q2 Dealt With.

On QI . I have already done that but was hoping to restrict the viewing in a
more direct way. Thanks for your help

Stew

"stew" wrote in message
Hi all

1st Question

Can I limit the visual area that can be viewed only to the area which has
information on a worksheet

2nd Question

can the tabs at the bottom showing the names of worksheets be colour coded
i.e. Data entry and read only different colours

Thank You for looking

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stew,

You can hide all the columns beyond your area, and all the rows also.

You can also set the Scroll Range, which you do for the sheet in the Visual Basic
Environment. I'm not sure if this is a persistent setting, which means that it might not
stay set when the workbook is reopened. In that case, you have to set it with Workbook_Open
code, which will run each time the workbook is opened. Macros must have been enabled.

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"stew" wrote in message
Hi all

1st Question

Can I limit the visual area that can be viewed only to the area which has
information on a worksheet

2nd Question

can the tabs at the bottom showing the names of worksheets be colour coded
i.e. Data entry and read only different colours

Thank You for looking

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stew,

Hide the unused rows (those beyond your stuff), and columns. See if that is suitable. It
usually is, and requires no code. Post back if you need instructions on doing that.