Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formula

I am pretty new to formula so help please. I want to condition a formula to
add down a column then add across a row and if = return the number otherwise
false.

=SUM(E16*7.75%)=SUM(B18:D18)

I have it returning true now but want it to return number or false if not
equal

Thank you for the help.

Donna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
i'm having a bit of trouble understanding.
i see your fomula reading down a column but i don't see it reading across a
row unless you mean e16.
another thing ...what number??

=if(SUM(E16*7.75%)=SUM(B18:D18),"number", "False")

the above formala will do as you wish but it's the number part we need to
claify.

Regards
FSt1