Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old October 9th 08, 11:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAZ RAZ is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Mar 2007
Posts: 120
Default Formatting Numbers to 3 digit,

In a column i have numbers 1 to 999
but I would like to have as 001 to 999, I cannot format as text, becouse
another equation finds the higest number (=max(D)) from this column.
Is there any way, to have the 3 digit format keeping them as numbers?


i.e.
Col D
001
002
003
004
--
--
999

  #2   Report Post  
Old October 9th 08, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,696
Default Formatting Numbers to 3 digit,

Format Cells

Custom

000

"Raz" wrote:

In a column i have numbers 1 to 999
but I would like to have as 001 to 999, I cannot format as text, becouse
another equation finds the higest number (=max(D)) from this column.
Is there any way, to have the 3 digit format keeping them as numbers?


i.e.
Col D
001
002
003
004
--
--
999

  #3   Report Post  
Old October 9th 08, 11:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAZ RAZ is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Mar 2007
Posts: 120
Default Formatting Numbers to 3 digit,

thanks, simple but couldnt find it when needed

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Format Cells

Custom

000

"Raz" wrote:

In a column i have numbers 1 to 999
but I would like to have as 001 to 999, I cannot format as text, becouse
another equation finds the higest number (=max(D)) from this column.
Is there any way, to have the 3 digit format keeping them as numbers?


i.e.
Col D
001
002
003
004
--
--
999

  #4   Report Post  
Old October 9th 08, 11:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,696
Default Formatting Numbers to 3 digit,

That's how it always works. Always happy we have this site!

"Raz" wrote:

thanks, simple but couldnt find it when needed

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Format Cells

Custom

000

"Raz" wrote:

In a column i have numbers 1 to 999
but I would like to have as 001 to 999, I cannot format as text, becouse
another equation finds the higest number (=max(D)) from this column.
Is there any way, to have the 3 digit format keeping them as numbers?


i.e.
Col D
001
002
003
004
--
--
999



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Store numbers starting with zero as 2 digit numbers twisted1825 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 8 January 11th 07 07:41 PM
15+ digit numbers LisaS Excel Worksheet Functions 3 October 4th 06 12:42 AM
what is the minimum numbers set for 4 digit numbers from 0000 to 9 Ambika Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 14 January 27th 06 11:50 PM
16 digit numbers Jaxz24 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 August 17th 05 01:33 PM
16 DIGIT NUMBERS IN CELL WITHOUT LAST DIGIT BEING A ZERO jnkell Excel Worksheet Functions 2 December 18th 04 08:13 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017