Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove a letter from a number?

I have a column of numbers beginning with a letter such as:
X05500
X95000
In the next column, I want to convert the "X" to a "D" and add a "C" to the
end such as:
D05500C
D95000C

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have your nos in Col A starting at A1
then in B1 enter
="D"&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)&"C"
and copy down...

"evoxfan" wrote:

I have a column of numbers beginning with a letter such as:
X05500
X95000
In the next column, I want to convert the "X" to a "D" and add a "C" to the
end such as:
D05500C
D95000C

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

More options:

="D"&MID(A1,2,255)&"C"