-   -   Remove a letter from a number? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205608-remove-letter-number.html)

evoxfan

Remove a letter from a number?

I have a column of numbers beginning with a letter such as:
X05500
X95000
In the next column, I want to convert the "X" to a "D" and add a "C" to the
end such as:
D05500C
D95000C

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Sheeloo[_2_]

Remove a letter from a number?

If you have your nos in Col A starting at A1
then in B1 enter
="D"&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)&"C"
and copy down...

"evoxfan" wrote:

I have a column of numbers beginning with a letter such as:
X05500
X95000
In the next column, I want to convert the "X" to a "D" and add a "C" to the
end such as:
D05500C
D95000C

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

T. Valko

Remove a letter from a number?

More options: