Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default email address in excel

I have an email address in a cell in Excel 2003. Excel does not recognize it
to open Outlook when I clidk on it. Is there some formatting that I need to
do to get it recognized?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can go to Insert - Hyperlink - Click E-mail address on the bottom left

in email address, put the email address.

but it should find it. Have you included the @?

"djungst" wrote:

I have an email address in a cell in Excel 2003. Excel does not recognize it
to open Outlook when I clidk on it. Is there some formatting that I need to
do to get it recognized?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you hover your mouse on the cell do you see a mailto: before the email
address? If not then you may enter it again...

"djungst" wrote:

I have an email address in a cell in Excel 2003. Excel does not recognize it
to open Outlook when I clidk on it. Is there some formatting that I need to
do to get it recognized?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The hyperlink is not available (grayed out) both when using a right click on
the cell and when clicking on "insert" at the top of the page. Cells in the
same column work as a link to email. I have 2 cells in the column that do
not connect to email.