Java Jake

Default Shut off email address from linking to email program?

Whenever I type in an email address it seems to create a link to my email
site. I don't want a link , I just want the address for reference. Can I shut
this feature off?
Peo Sjoblom

Precede the entry with an apostrophe, or type them in, then copy an empty cell,
select the email address (obviosuly by using the arrow keys and shift since
you don't want to start your email program), then do editpaste special and
select add

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Java Jake" wrote:

Whenever I type in an email address it seems to create a link to my email
site. I don't want a link , I just want the address for reference. Can I shut
this feature off?

Frank Kabel

Hi
with Excel 2002 (or Excel 2003) goto 'Tools - autocorrection' and turn this
feature off

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Java Jake" <Java schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Whenever I type in an email address it seems to create a link to my email
site. I don't want a link , I just want the address for reference. Can I
shut
this feature off?

Java Jake

Frank

Thanks for your quick reply. However, I went to "Tools - autocorrection" (I
have Excel 2003) and could not find anything to turn off resembling that
feature. Meanwhile, another reply suggested using the apostophe in front of
the email address, which works, but I'd like to eliminate the feature. Thanks
again.

Jake

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
with Excel 2002 (or Excel 2003) goto 'Tools - autocorrection' and turn this
feature off

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Java Jake" <Java schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Whenever I type in an email address it seems to create a link to my email
site. I don't want a link , I just want the address for reference. Can I
shut
this feature off?

motutapu1

Thanks

That worked. I only wish that there was an "on-off" function that would not
make those steps necessary.