Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Simple conversion

I have a column of numbers such as:
030-000
033-020
033-030
123-456
I would like to convert these numbers to:
030.000
033.020
033.030
123.456

What is the best way to accomplish this?
I would like to keep six digits even if the number begins with "0" or ends
with "000".

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ctrl + h then find what -
replace with .

then a custom format

or a help cell

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",".")

then copy and paste special as values

Peo Sjoblom

"evoxfan" wrote in message
I have a column of numbers such as:
030-000
033-020
033-030
123-456
I would like to convert these numbers to:
030.000
033.020
033.030
123.456

What is the best way to accomplish this?
I would like to keep six digits even if the number begins with "0" or ends
with "000".

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to Format - Cells - Number.

Click on Custom.

In the box, enter 000.000

Highlight your data, Edit - Find

click the Replace tab

In the find, enter -

In the replace field, enter .

Replace All

"evoxfan" wrote:

I have a column of numbers such as:
030-000
033-020
033-030
123-456
I would like to convert these numbers to:
030.000
033.020
033.030
123.456

What is the best way to accomplish this?
I would like to keep six digits even if the number begins with "0" or ends
with "000".

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

what you can do is highlight the column of data (only the data, not the
entire column), click data, then click text to columns,
check the delimited box, click the other box, put a '-' in the box and click
next,

then click a cell as the destination and it will put the numbers on the
front of the '-' in the cell and the numbers on the back of the dash, in the
next cell...

then enter a '.' in one cell...

Then out to the right side of the two columns of data enter:
=cell1 '&' ((cell with the period in it) and lock it down with F4) &cell2
then drag the formula down and voila...

"evoxfan" wrote:

I have a column of numbers such as:
030-000
033-020
033-030
123-456
I would like to convert these numbers to:
030.000
033.020
033.030
123.456

What is the best way to accomplish this?
I would like to keep six digits even if the number begins with "0" or ends
with "000".

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Custom of 000.000

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 13:28:18 -0700, "Peo Sjoblom"
wrote:

then a custom format