Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change Pivot Source from One WB to Another?

I've gotta believe that this is something simple that I am just plain
missing...

I have a report that contains two seperate pivot tables on two seperate
worksheets. The source for these sheets/pivots is in the same workbook.

I recently had to develop a new version of this report and initially was
told to exclude the pivot tables. However, once all the work was done it was
decided that the pivot tables should be included <grrrr.

I can copy the two pivot/worksheets into the new report, but they still link
back to the origonal report as their source and I can't see where to switch
it to the new report.

I have seen a utility that seems to be designed for switching the source of
pivot tables if the source is SQL, but that's not the case here, so I am
hesitant to install something I may not need.

As always, thanks so much for your help!

Later-
Ray
--
"Trying to make reports so easy... even a monkey could run ''em!"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Woo Hoo! I reached out to a co-worker who had the answer for me.

Here is the response he gave me:

"Can you right click on the pivot tables, go to the Pivot Table Wizard,
click back a step, and then re-select your data range in the new report and
click finish and see if that works?"

I would never have thought of opening the wizard for an existing table and
working backward, but it worked!