Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change data source of pivot table

I thought I posted this question awhile ago but can't find it. Sorry if it's
a dup. I created pivot tables using a test sql data source. Now I want to
chage the data source to my production sql. I dontt see any way to select a
new data source? Excel 2003 & SQL 2000. I'd hate to have to recreate all the
worksheets.

Thanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click inside your existing PT; Goto the menu, Data, Pivot Table..
this should bring up the Wizard; Step thru to Step 2 of 3 - there
change the data source (BROWSE...).

"JohnH" wrote:

I thought I posted this question awhile ago but can't find it. Sorry if it's
a dup. I created pivot tables using a test sql data source. Now I want to
chage the data source to my production sql. I dontt see any way to select a
new data source? Excel 2003 & SQL 2000. I'd hate to have to recreate all the
worksheets.

Thanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ron Coderre has a pivot table add-in that lets you view and edit the
connection string and command text:

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotPlay01.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra,
I got to the site and sucessfully installed the add-in. I think it works?
I'll have to move the excel file and run the sql SP on the production data
to find out. Thanks much. And thanks to Ron Coderre as well.

JohnH wrote:
I thought I posted this question awhile ago but can't find it. Sorry if it's
a dup. I created pivot tables using a test sql data source. Now I want to
chage the data source to my production sql. I dontt see any way to select a
new data source? Excel 2003 & SQL 2000. I'd hate to have to recreate all the
worksheets.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
IMT IMT is offline

I also tried to download the add-in to help me with my issues but I get run
time errors when running the application. I didn't see that it needed to be
run in any specific version of Excel.

JohnH wrote:

I thought I posted this question awhile ago but can't find it. Sorry if it's
a dup. I created pivot tables using a test sql data source. Now I want to
chage the data source to my production sql. I dontt see any way to select a
new data source? Excel 2003 & SQL 2000. I'd hate to have to recreate all the
worksheets.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm sorry that you had problems with the application, and thanks for
mentioning it. The add-in was tested in Excel 2003 and Excel 2002, and
uses features that weren't available in earlier versions.
I've added that information to the page.