Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combining Columns keeping only one value

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet where I am trying to consolidate three columns of data
into one column which will keep only one of the three columns values.

Ex:

ColA ColB ColC
Med Bis IT
Eng Med Sci
Sci IT Med

I would want to merge these three just keeping any 'Med' values.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is med value? A string which contains 'med'?
Create a helper col where you can have a concatenate with if to get the med
value then convert to value and delete first three cols
=concatenate(if(condition checking for med in a1,a1,"")&if(condition
checking for med in b1,b1,""),if(condition checking for med in c1,c1,""))

"David" wrote:

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet where I am trying to consolidate three columns of data
into one column which will keep only one of the three columns values.

Ex:

ColA ColB ColC
Med Bis IT
Eng Med Sci
Sci IT Med

I would want to merge these three just keeping any 'Med' values.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy this into D1 and copy down
=CONCATENATE(IF(ISERROR(FIND("Doctor of
Medicine",A1)),"",A1),IF(ISERROR(FIND("Doctor of
Medicine",B1)),"",B1),IF(ISERROR(FIND("Doctor of Medicine",C1)),"",C1))

IF you get what you wanted in Col D then Copy it and Past Special|Values in
place and delete Cols A-C