Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to expand my menus?

This is probably an Office question rather than specifically Excel,
but I'm sure someone here can tell me how to do this ...

All of my menus have a little downward pointing 'chevron' (like
rotated 90 deg clockwise) and I have to click that to see the full
menu.

It wasn't always like this so I must have made some change, perhaps
when I re-installed on this new PC months ago. What must I do to fix
it please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, it is more of an Office question..

In Excel 2003
Choose Tools|Customize|Options then Check the box against 'Always show full
menus'

Same for Word 2003

"Terry Pinnell" wrote:

This is probably an Office question rather than specifically Excel,
but I'm sure someone here can tell me how to do this ...

All of my menus have a little downward pointing 'chevron' (like
rotated 90 deg clockwise) and I have to click that to see the full
menu.

It wasn't always like this so I must have made some change, perhaps
when I re-installed on this new PC months ago. What must I do to fix
it please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Terry Pinnell" wrote:

This is probably an Office question rather than specifically Excel,
but I'm sure someone here can tell me how to do this ...

All of my menus have a little downward pointing 'chevron' (like
rotated 90 deg clockwise) and I have to click that to see the full
menu.

It wasn't always like this so I must have made some change, perhaps
when I re-installed on this new PC months ago. What must I do to fix
it please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Thanks Sheeloo, that did the trick.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sheeloo wrote:

Great.

Pl. mark the past as answered as it will help others having the same problem.

?? No such facility here in my Agent newsreader. Are you using Google
Groups?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No. Sheeloo is apparently using the strange Microsoft web interface to the
newsgroup, and presumably hasn't realised that other people are using real
newsreaders and accessing the newsgroup directly.
--
David Biddulph

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
Sheeloo wrote:

Great.

Pl. mark the past as answered as it will help others having the same
problem.

?? No such facility here in my Agent newsreader. Are you using Google
Groups?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

:-)

Yes, David is partially right... I do use the 'strange' interface but do
realize that 'advanced' users do use 'news readers'

What I did not realize that one could not mark a question as answered
through a news reader (at least through the one Terry is using.)

Sheeloo wrote:

Great.

Pl. mark the past as answered as it will help others having the same
problem.

?? No such facility here in my Agent newsreader. Are you using Google
Groups?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd be willing to bet that you can't mark a message as answered through
*any* newsreader. Which part of the NNTP protocol would do that? You can't
through OE (but of course some would claim that OE isn't a "proper"
newsreader).
--
David Biddulph

:-)

Sheeloo wrote:

Great.

Pl. mark the past as answered as it will help others having the same
problem.

?? No such facility here in my Agent newsreader. Are you using Google
Groups?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bet not accepted :-)

If questions are not marked as answered then it becomes difficult for others
to know whether the answer provided was correct or not...

There are people who are marking questions as answered so they must be using
the MS interface...

"David Biddulph" wrote:

I'd be willing to bet that you can't mark a message as answered through
*any* newsreader. Which part of the NNTP protocol would do that? You can't
through OE (but of course some would claim that OE isn't a "proper"
newsreader).
--
David Biddulph

:-)