Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
seh seh is offline

Default How do I get my mouse to scroll in an Excel document?

The scroll wheel on my mouse will not work when I am within an Excel
document. It works just fine in Excel help, but not in a document. It is an
HP wireless mouse, and it scrolls in Word and other applications, just not
Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What does it do in Excel? What version of Excel are you using?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"seh" wrote in message
:

The scroll wheel on my mouse will not work when I am within an Excel
document. It works just fine in Excel help, but not in a document. It is an
HP wireless mouse, and it scrolls in Word and other applications, just not
Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
seh seh is offline

Nothing happens at all when I try to use the quick-scrolling roller ball on
the top of the HP mouse. It works in Excel help and all other programs, just
not Excel. It is Excel 2007.

"seh" wrote in message
:

The scroll wheel on my mouse will not work when I am within an Excel
document. It works just fine in Excel help, but not in a document. It is an
HP wireless mouse, and it scrolls in Word and other applications, just not
Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
seh seh is offline

Yes it is. I just tried to use the scroll button on the mouse with that
option toggled and untoggled, but neither allows me to scroll with the roller
ball on the mouse.

:

"seh" wrote in message
:

The scroll wheel on my mouse will not work when I am within an Excel
document. It works just fine in Excel help, but not in a document. It is an
HP wireless mouse, and it scrolls in Word and other applications, just not
Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
seh seh is offline

I installed the software in August when we purchased the laptop. How do I
determine if I have "universal scrolling" enabled?

:

:

"seh" wrote in message
:

The scroll wheel on my mouse will not work when I am within an Excel
document. It works just fine in Excel help, but not in a document. It is an
HP wireless mouse, and it scrolls in Word and other applications, just not
Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
seh seh is offline

I found that in the mouse properties, and "universal scrolling" is enabled.
The only program I can't use the scrolling with is Excel.

:

:

: