Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can you stop a formula from recalculating the second time

If I have a simple formula that gets the cell's value from another cell's
value when the cell is populated, how can I stop the first formula from
recalculating ( or getting the new value ) again if the second cell's value
changes?

This is only a few cells of a few hundred that do similar functions in one
workbook. I can't have the workbook do manual calcs. Just these few cells
need to stop.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't do this if you want to keep the formulas.

But you could copy|paste special values--or even have an event macro that fires
when you change one of those important cells.

--

Dave Peterson