-   -   Can you stop a formula from recalculating the second time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205120-can-you-stop-formula-recalculating-second-time.html)

Shu of AZ

Can you stop a formula from recalculating the second time

If I have a simple formula that gets the cell's value from another cell's
value when the cell is populated, how can I stop the first formula from
recalculating ( or getting the new value ) again if the second cell's value
changes?

This is only a few cells of a few hundred that do similar functions in one
workbook. I can't have the workbook do manual calcs. Just these few cells
need to stop.

Dave Peterson

Can you stop a formula from recalculating the second time

You can't do this if you want to keep the formulas.

But you could copy|paste special values--or even have an event macro that fires
when you change one of those important cells.

--

Dave Peterson