Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CF goes crazy when deleting/inserting rows

This has happened to me many times, although I don't have a specific example
right now. When I have conditional formatting applied to multiple cells,
then I either add or delete a row, the conditional formatting is completely
changed. It now applies to many other cells. I haven't been able to make
any sense of the changes that happen automatically. Is there a way to avoid
this (other than not using conditional formatting)? Why doesn't it just
delete the formatting for the cells that were deleted, rather than changing
all the other formatting?

Thanks