Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF Statement evaluating Dates and Weekdays

I have the date in cell B7 (shows 1 for 1 Sept 08). In cell B6 I have the
corresponding day of the week (formula in B6 is =B7, formatted to show ddd).

B C D
6 Mon Tue Wed
7 1 2 3
8 450 450 450

In cell B8, I want to input a formula to evaluate B6. If B6 equals Saturday
or Sunday, then return " ", otherwise return 7.5*60.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sean,

Thanks for the formula. It is returning the FALSE response (7.5*60) even on
the days when the cells are Saturday or Sunday. Any suggestions?

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

=IF(OR(B6="Sat",B6="Sun")," ",7.5*60)

Copy across the row.

"jwfullerton" wrote:

I have the date in cell B7 (shows 1 for 1 Sept 08). In cell B6 I have the
corresponding day of the week (formula in B6 is =B7, formatted to show ddd).

B C D
6 Mon Tue Wed
7 1 2 3
8 450 450 450

In cell B8, I want to input a formula to evaluate B6. If B6 equals Saturday
or Sunday, then return " ", otherwise return 7.5*60.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(LEFT(TEXT(B6,"ddd"),1)="S"," ",7.5*60) and fill right.

"Sean Timmons" wrote in message
=IF(OR(B6="Sat",B6="Sun")," ",7.5*60)

Copy across the row.

"jwfullerton" wrote:

I have the date in cell B7 (shows 1 for 1 Sept 08). In cell B6 I have
the
corresponding day of the week (formula in B6 is =B7, formatted to show
ddd).

B C D
6 Mon Tue Wed
7 1 2 3
8 450 450 450

In cell B8, I want to input a formula to evaluate B6. If B6 equals
Saturday
or Sunday, then return " ", otherwise return 7.5*60.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are the values in Row 7 dates? If not I would make them dates. Enter
1/9/08 in B7 and drag across on the fill handle to fill in all dates in
September. Then format the cells as "d" (without the quotes) to give the
nunbers.

Next enter =B7 in cell B6 and format as "ddd" (again without the quotes),
and drag along on the fill handle to give the day names.

In B8 I would then use the formula:

=IF(WEEKDAY(B7,2)5,"",7.5*60)

--
HTH