Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto Fill Blank Cells

I have read many of the posts, but in Excel 2003, all I had to do was double
click on a cell and it automatically repeated the contents filling in the
blank cells. In 2007, this feature is not working. Any idea what I'm
missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Where are you double-clicking? In Excel 2003, it had to be on the fill
handle in the bottom right hand corner of the cell. This would fill down
the length of an adjacent column.
--
David Biddulph

"Kathy" <Kathy @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I have read many of the posts, but in Excel 2003, all I had to do was
double
click on a cell and it automatically repeated the contents filling in the
blank cells. In 2007, this feature is not working. Any idea what I'm
missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kathy,

This feature still works in 2007 the same was as in earlier versions.

Remember there are two restrictions on this command:
1. It only works in the down direction
2. It needs an adjactent column of solid data to tell it how far down to go.
(There is one exception to this but its obscure). This second one is
probably what's causing you a problem.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire