Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Ian is offline

Default Fill in blank cells

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet of information on patient data from the hospital I work
in. There are over 20,000 records in this sheet. I have not generated the
data but been given the file to work on. In each record (row) is a PatientID
followed by three procedural codes on the next three columns for procedures
A, B and C. My problem is that some patients have more that one procedure of
type A or B or indeed C resulting in potentially one patient have say three
or four rows of data. Trouble is each new row for the same patient doesn't
have the PatientID field filled in. To save the extremely time consuming
process of manually copying the PatientID into the empty cells below it
(until the next new PatientID appears) I wondered if anyone knows of a way to
automate this. This would really help as I will from time to time get update
files that need tobe handled in the same way. Maybe a VBA procedure or macro??

Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

To populate it down, try the methods described
in either of these 2 excellent pages by:

David McRitchie:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillempt.htm
Fill in the Empty Cells

Debra Dalgleish:
[...]

[...]