Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I undo a "save file" to revert back to original spreadsheet

I clicked save before I was ready and lost information on the orginal
spreadsheet. Is there a way to bring back the original spreadsheet prior to
all the changes and the save?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No.

Although, if you have a copy of the file somewhere else you could use
that - did you email the earlier version to anyone? If so, there will
be a copy attached to that email.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 1, 12:33*am, Nikki wrote:
I clicked save before I was ready and lost information on the orginal
spreadsheet. Is there a way to bring back the original spreadsheet prior to
all the changes and the save?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Nikki,

In 2007 you can undo after a save and since Excel now has 100 levels of undo
instead of 16 this could be a really useful feature. However, I suspect you
are not using 2007, maybe in the future?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Nikki" wrote:

I clicked save before I was ready and lost information on the orginal
spreadsheet. Is there a way to bring back the original spreadsheet prior to
all the changes and the save?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's interesting to hear. I see that it isn't mentioned at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ge...738731033.aspx
--
David Biddulph

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote in
message ...

"Nikki" wrote:

I clicked save before I was ready and lost information on the orginal
spreadsheet. Is there a way to bring back the original spreadsheet prior
all the changes and the save?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I undo a "save file" to revert back to original spreadshee

Well guys, that is what the business is about, being confuse enough so it
takes forever to unfold all the secrets. When you think you have them all
under control, then Microsoft publish a new version and completly change the
outlook and the approach of the application. This just put you back right at
the beginning with the same or worst confusions. Good luck.

--
Lost again