Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Index Match

I have a worksheet where I need to populate column J 'Aug Totals" with
information from another worksheet using the Title as the cross reference.
Neither worksheet is sorted and the columns are not in the same order. It
would also be nice to have a '0" populate if a match is not found.

Worksheet 1
Column A ..... Column I Column J
TITLE July Total August Total
NV18210
RSD1235-SR-202-AF
D4320C00006
3200A3-2201-US
905-CL-058

Worksheet 2
Column D Column E Column F
TITLE Customer August Total
A0221005 12,567
MEA20191 2,345
NV18210 29,912
Nasonex - P05583 27,223
5892C00015 3,258
905-CL-058 2,151
A7471004 2,015
QEDI ZHA33864 11915A 1,884

Desired result
Worksheet 1
Column A ..... Column I Column J
TITLE July Total August Total
NV18210 29,912
RSD1235-SR-202-AF 0
D4320C00006 0
3200A3-2201-US 0
905-CL-058 2,151

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sharon,

This should help, place this formula in the Column J which you would like to
lookup (amend as necessary):

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A2,<WorkSheet1!D:F,3,FALSE)), 0,VLOOKUP(A5,<WorkSheet1!D:F,3,FALSE))

Replace <WorkSheet1 with your Tabs/Sheets.

--
--Thomas [PBD]
Working hard to make working easy.