Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel format question

I have a column of information. Generally their is an alphanumeric name in
most of the rows. However, on occasion there is nothing in the row and a
zero appears. I am trying to understand how to make the cvell just be blank
rather than the number zero showing up. In allother instances the
alphanumeric data in any of the rows is ok. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click TOOLS in the menu and select OPTIONS.

In the OPTIONS dialog box remove the checkmark from the ZERO VALUES checkbos
in the WINDOW OPTIONS panel near the bottom.
--
Kevin Backmann

"carl43m" wrote:

I have a column of information. Generally their is an alphanumeric name in
most of the rows. However, on occasion there is nothing in the row and a
zero appears. I am trying to understand how to make the cvell just be blank
rather than the number zero showing up. In allother instances the
alphanumeric data in any of the rows is ok. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The quickest way is use an option: Tools | Options | View / Windows Options
? uncheck "Zero values"
or in Excel 2007 - Office | Excel Options | Advanced | Display options for
this worksheet | and uncheck "display zero....."

But this will also apply to other columns

Alternative:
Select the range (or entire column)
Use Edit | Go To and click Special
Check the Constants box and uncheck all but the Numbers square options boxes
Click OK, now all the 0 (an other numbers) are selected and you can use the
Delete key to make them go away

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme