Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Recalculation Problem After Save As.

Hi

I hope someone can help me I have a bit of an odd issue with Excel.

I have an Excel worksheet that contains a number of calculations which works
fine until you use save as to make a copy by calling it another name. After
this is done the calculations in the worksheet no longer recalculate when a
value in the calculation is changed.

I have Excel 2003 SP3 running on a Windows XP sp2. I have also check to make
sure that the automatic radial button is checked on the calculation tab of
the options panel.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you change the file type or filename extension to something other than .xls?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Stuart Hagon" wrote in message ...
| Hi
|
| I hope someone can help me I have a bit of an odd issue with Excel.
|
| I have an Excel worksheet that contains a number of calculations which works
| fine until you use save as to make a copy by calling it another name. After
| this is done the calculations in the worksheet no longer recalculate when a
| value in the calculation is changed.
|
| I have Excel 2003 SP3 running on a Windows XP sp2. I have also check to make
| sure that the automatic radial button is checked on the calculation tab of
| the options panel.
|
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Niek

No all that is being changed is the name of the file for example book1.xls
to book2.xls

Thanks

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Do you change the file type or filename extension to something other than .xls?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Stuart Hagon" wrote in message ...
| Hi
|
| I hope someone can help me I have a bit of an odd issue with Excel.
|
| I have an Excel worksheet that contains a number of calculations which works
| fine until you use save as to make a copy by calling it another name. After
| this is done the calculations in the worksheet no longer recalculate when a
| value in the calculation is changed.
|
| I have Excel 2003 SP3 running on a Windows XP sp2. I have also check to make
| sure that the automatic radial button is checked on the calculation tab of
| the options panel.
|
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Niek Otten" wrote:
Do you change the file type or filename extension to something other than .xls?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Stuart Hagon" wrote in ...
| Hi
|
| I hope someone can help me I have a bit of an odd issue with Excel.
|
| I have an Excel worksheet that contains a number of calculations which works
| fine until you use save as to make a copy by calling it another name. After
| this is done the calculations in the worksheet no longer recalculate when a
| value in the calculation is changed.
|
| I have Excel 2003 SP3 running on a Windows XP sp2. I have also check to make
| sure that the automatic radial button is checked on the calculation tab of
| the options panel.
|
| Thanks

Stuart, does the work book refer to other workbooks ?
Have you got the 'save external link values' checked in options?

Matthew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Matthew

No it is a very simple. the formula is =a1*b1+c1

Thansk