Anthony

Default save problem

Hi,
I'm trying to save a worksheet to a new destination from my removable disc
to my hard drive and when I do this I keep getting an error saying
'unable as folder maked 'read-only'
I have checked on the properties tab and it states the folder is 'archive'
and not read-only but I still can't save it.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Anthony
Otto Moehrbach

Anthony
You say you are trying to "save" the file "from" your removable disk to
your hardrive. I take this to mean that you opened your file from the
removable disk. Is this correct?
Never open a file from a removable disk. Ever. Never save a file to a
removable disk. Ever.
The process of saving a file involves Windows saving a temporary file
(the same file) in the original location. If the original location does not
have enough room for this temporary file, a major problem results.
To open a file that resides in a removable disk, first copy the file to
your hardrive. Then open it from your hardrive.
If you want the file copied to your hardrive, simple copy the file to
your hardrive. Don't open it from your removable drive and "Save as:" to
your hardrive. HTH Otto
"Anthony" wrote in message
I'm trying to save a worksheet to a new destination from my removable disc
to my hard drive and when I do this I keep getting an error saying
'unable as folder maked 'read-only'
I have checked on the properties tab and it states the folder is 'archive'
and not read-only but I still can't save it.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Anthony

Anthony