Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default EXCEL SLOW - USING NETWORK ON SELECT FUNCTIONS

I have an Excel Sheet about 44 kb. When I Cut and Paste, Bold, or Delete a
Row (Sometimes tabbing across cells), I notice EXCEL opening up again in the
background (On Task Bar), waits, then does my request, and closes the extra
tab. I also noticed that every time I do these, I see activity on my network
connection. If I disconnect/disable my network connection, the problems go
away and EXCEL works lightening fast.

No viruses here, well protected. No hyper-links in my worksheet. Can't
find any setting in EXCEL to stop this. Just wanting to know why and how to
stop this.